SUPERVISOR’S OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
This program is designed for those with managerial responsibility for others. Managers, supervisors, and members of the Joint Health and Safety Committee can all benefit from this training. It provides a broad base of understanding of the primary Occupational Health & Safety issues facing supervisory staff. This program can also be expanded for individual companies with specific topics of concern.
General topics covered are:
- 1. Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Regulations
- 2. Understanding Duties and Responsibilities under the Act
- 3. Identifying Hazards
- 5. Conducting Workplace Inspections
- 6. Incident and Accident Investigations
- 7. How to Exercise Due Diligence
LIFT TRUCK COMPETENCY CERTIFICATION
This training includes theoretical-in-class-training for the safe operation and maintenance of powered lift trucks. A practical evaluation follows with the trainee demonstrating their proficiency on the piece of equipment they will normally be operating. Coaching will be provided for those who show weaknesses in certain areas. Re-certification is available in a four-hour in-class and on-site evaluation program. Training in the use of self-propelled elevating devices, such as scissor lifts, is also available.
(Propane Cylinder Exchange, Construction Heaters and Torches and Propane Cylinder and Fuel Tank Filling – Canadian Propane Association)
These three programs are for those who change cylinders on equipment/or connect, activate and disconnect propane construction heaters and tiger torches/or fill propane cylinders or fuel tanks. They each have a specific Record of Training certifying the operator’s competence in each application.
CONFINED SPACE ENTRY
This program is designed for those who are required to enter confined spaces, such as: silos, tankers, manholes or dust collectors with a potential for an associated hazard.
LOCK OUT / TAGOUT PROCEDURE
Distinct procedures must be developed and adhered to when servicing energized equipment. This program ensures an understanding of why equipment must be locked out and tagged, how to complete the appropriate forms and what the procedures are for lockout/tagout.
OTHER TRAINING COURSES AVAILABLE
- Health & Safety and The Law
- Applying WHMIS to the Workplace
- Workplace Specific WHMIS
- Fall Protection
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods – Road
- Workplace Health & Safety Assessments
- Safety Hazards and Workplace Inspections
- Incident and Accident Investigations
- Developing a Health & Safety Program
- Scaffold Training for Hazards and Competent Workers
- The Safe Application of ‘Construction Stilts’
- ‘SkidSteer’ (Bobcat) Certification Training